Top 10 Excuses Why Parents Don't Want to Treat Their Children's Learning Disabilities


10. There's treatment? My doctor told me (decades ago) that there was no treatment. You're bluffing me!

9. I can't send her for treatment, what would the neighbours think?

8. Oh, he'll grow out of it.

7. She doesn't have a learning disability, she's just lazy.

6. He doesn't have a learning disability, he's just naughty.

5. How dare you imply that my child has a learning disability, there are no bad genes in my family!!!

4. He doesn't have a learning disability, he's just talented in other ways.

3. She doesn't have a learning disability, she's just sleepy.

2. He doesn't have a learning disability, he looks normal.

I thought I had heard it all, until the day I heard:

1. My child said she doesn't have a learning disability.





See also:

Learning Disabilities: Symptoms Checklist

Symptoms of Auditory Processing Disorder (in pictures)