Occupational Approach to Handwriting Skills in Children
Saturday, 22 May 2010, 9am - 1pm
1. Understanding how the sensory, motor and perceptual foundation influence handwriting performance.
2. Learn the developmental stages of writing readiness and the importance of developing fine motor skills.
3. Learn to incorporate ideas using multi-sensory strategies to develop handwriting skills to suit each individual's needs.
4. Learn to recognise, identify and rectify your child's weakness.
5. Learn to be creative, make it fun and stimulating to implement a handwriting home program for your child.
This workshop will provide sound theory with practical and hands-on strategies for parents, teachers, therapists and caregivers to assist children who have difficulties with writing skills.
Who should attend?
Ms. Teo Lee Fun is an experienced New Zealand-trained Occupational Therapist. She is certified in Sensory Integration Praxis Tester (SIPT) and Therapeutic Listening Program. Her professional training has covered areas like Sensory Integration and Sensory Defensiveness, Floor Time Approach, Neurodevelopmental Treatment and M.O.R.E. Approach.
Ms. Teo has a special interest in working with children with learning difficulties and sensory integrative dysfunction. She has conducted numerous seminars, lectures and workshops for parents, teachers and other caregivers involved with children.
Date: 22 May 2010 (Saturday)
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: Women's Institute of Management, 7, Jalan Abang Haji Openg, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fees: RM50 per person (inclusive of workshop material)
Early bird registration (before 10 May 2010): RM5 discount per person
Group registration (5 or more persons): RM5 discount per person
WBN member: RM5 discount per person
Registration deadline: 18 May 2010
Enquiry and Registration:
Email: frontdesk @ kidzgrow.com.my
• Symptoms of Learning Disabilities
• Free Money for Children with Learning Disabilities (Malaysia)